Trinity Endowment Fund Scholarships
Every Spring, our Endowment Fund receives applications for scholarships, granted from funds earned by the Endowment over the past year. Applications are read and scored by the Scholarship Committee. Applications can be downloaded HERE, or can be received in the Church Office or by email (email@example.com). Applicants must be a member of Trinity, Hemet. Please read the instructions and fill in the application carefully. Applications must be completed and returned to the Church Office by April 19, 2018.
We are grateful to the Trinity members who have given so generously to the Endowment Fund. For more information about giving to the Endowment Fund, and how scholarships and benevolence are dispersed, please contact the Endowment board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Applicant must be a member in good standing of Trinity Lutheran Church in Hemet, CA. Good standing must be demonstrated by active participation during church membership.
2. Students must be enrolled in one of the following, in order of priority listed:
A. A Lutheran college or university or one of the ELCA seminaries in preparation to become a Pastor in the ELCA.
B. A regular accredited university or college.
C. A regular accredited 'tech' or trade school.
3. Scholastic Standing will be considered.
4. Financial need will be considered.
Filling Out the Application - Download it HERE
1. Complete the application in full. Points will be deducted from applications which are late or incomplete.
2. Application must be complete and signed by applicant and returned to the Church Office by April 19, 2018. Please include the following:
A. A recent photo of yourself.
B. Up-to-date transcripts from schools attended. Copies of current college grade reports are acceptable only if they include the GPA.
C. If you have been a member of Trinity for less than one year, please provide a letter of recommendation from your previous parish, including a list of your activities there.
D. A short Essay (maximum of 200 words) signed by the applicant stating: "Why I wish to be considered for a scholarship."
3. Applicants will be notified of acceptance after May 1.
4. Monies will be disbursed directly to the institution of learning.
**Please note: Failure to provide complete information will place you at a disadvantage in the scholarship process. A limited number of scholarships are available.
***If the application form does not adequately cover your particular situation, please describe circumstances on a separate page (example: illness in the family, separation/divorce, etc.)
Download the application HERE.